15.1.11

flo floats!

I've thought about how far I might reach with this 'handmade' project. It appears assembling ikea furniture counts. Justification? If it took the entire day to put together, then i think it's worth documenting. And I am mightly pleased with the results and wanted to share some progress in the new studio.

Day 15 - Building a flamworking space (part 1of2)

Where it all beings - an empty space.
Note: Do not boast too loudly about you ikea assembly skills UNTIL its finished.
Note #2 - Do not skip steps. That's usually going to bring you trouble.
Note #3 - Flat floors are much appreciated.
My floors from one end to the other were off by 2.5inches.
The result? Flo's Flameworking Station Floats!
(cement leveling the floors will be an upcoming handmade to look forward to)
Oh yes, and I cheat even further with my 'handmade'
I absolutely could not have done this project without Pat's skillful assistance.
Est Voila! This entire unit, with countertops included, cost under $600
I am so so excited about my new creative space!
Part 2 of this project still to come. Fume hoods and metal fixings will be installed to make her fully functional and safe for my flameworking needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment