19.3.09

pick a weekend, rent some lenses!


With the digital era being what it is, everyone and their mother now classifies as an amateur 'photographer' and why not?! Whatever means you can use to express yourself creatively is something I'm in support of, and personally, people producing better pictures in the world makes my heart happy.

However, one thing that pains me often is not having better equipment to shoot photos with. I have a good camera (Canon Rebel) with one lens. Although my one lens satisfies basic needs, I find myself daydreaming of varying lenses constantly, knowing full well it wont be a 'priority' for a while to come.

So how do you resolve this problem? Get to your local camera store (Ottawa/Toronto areas I recommend Visteck) and rent a lens! Day rentals on camera lenses can range from $20-$40 but when you rent on Friday you get it thru till Monday. So pick a weekend that you know something entertaining is happening and try out something different in your peripheral view.

This weekend my friend Kelly and I went to the Canadian Museum of Nature. Great lighting, interesting subject matter and you're hanging out with a heap of kids all day. It doesn’t take long to get inspired.


view more photos on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment